Profile for a new EFA political adviser
We are looking for a political adviser (M/F), to start working at the EFA office, based in Brussels, at the beginning of February 2007 (exact date to be agreed with the selected person):
The desired candiate should:
· hold an university degree.
· have good organisation skills.
· be looking for a challenge
· be a good networker and team player.
· be able to use own-initiative and can work independently.
· have experience of speaking in public
· have political analysis skills. (Experience in politics will be an asset as the work done in the office has a full political approach. )
· have knowledge of the EU-institutions and EU-regulations (especially on European political parties).
· be fluent in the working languages of the office: English and French. Good knowledge of Spanish is also required. Other languages spoken by EFA parties will be an asset. The ideal candidate should have a sensibility towards multilingualism.
· have basic knowledge in accounting.
· have good knowledge of computer use.
· have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience for this post. Experience within an EFA party or the EFA parliamentary group will be an asset.
B. Main tasks and responsabilities:
· FOLLOW UP EFA POLITICAL PRIORITIES.
Co-ordinating the EFA network. 34 parties, EFA honorary members, relations with the Parliamentary group and with other political parties and organisations. Participating in any meeting that is neccesary for the development of the organisation. Spreading information among its members and informing about any important European issue.
Representing EFA in fact-finding missions, visits to political party meetings, visits to European regions/nations, etc.
Relations with the European Institutions, mainly the European Parliament.
Drafting texts for EFA.
o Press: To write press releases, to organise press conferences, to screen press articles, to build up relations with journalists, to update current press contacts.
o Website: To manage the EFA website; updating information, looking for ways of raising the number of visitors and co-ordinating an electonic newsletter.
Funding: To be in charge of the financial aspects of the Party (dealing with the accountant, with auditors, preparing annual dossier requesting public grants –European Parliament- and party contributions, preparing final annual reports on the accounts, monitoring the good development of the financial situation).
Legal aspects: To be in charge of the necessary updating of the legal texts (statutes and internal rules of procedure) of the Party; to monitor the EU Regulations on European political parties, related issues and to make sure that EFA accomplish all of them.
· ORGANISING TASKS:
o Organising the statutory meetings: General Assembly and Bureau meetings.
o Organising and/or co-organising all the events, publications or activities of the Party.
C. Working conditions and facilities:
· Working week of 38 h/week.
· Long-term contract (6 months trial period).
· Paid return travel costs from the place of origin
· 3048.53€ basic gross salary (according to the years of experience of the selected candidate).
· Meal tickets.
D. How to send in your application:
Please send your application by e-mail before Thursday the 23th of November 2006 to
Mr. Günther Dauwen
e-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a detailed curriculum vitae and an application letter with a clear motivation . Recommendation letters are welcome.
Successful Shortlisted candidates who pass the assignment will be invited to an interview in Brussels at the beginning of January 2007. (Transport costs will not be covered).
EFA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
Fuente: ALE / EFA